High Streets Funding
Help smarten up Cornwall's high streets and town centres
Cornish communities are being offered up to £2,000 to help spring clean their high streets and smarten up their town and village centres.
Cornwall Council and partners were recently given a last-minute litter-cleaning boost after a £98,400 Government cash injection. This is now being made available to community groups and individuals for cleaning, decorating and improving town and village centres across Cornwall.
The cash could be used to:
- Buy litter picking equipment
- Request graffiti cleaning or chewing gum removal services
- Buy tools, paint or paintbrushes
- Pay for signs, publicity or help support the cost of community events
- People can apply for funding to support community events and activities, or request specialist services from the Council.
More detail about the fund is available in the guidance, which we recommend people read before applying. Many Cornish communities already have volunteer groups looking after the local environment. The scheme is open to existing groups as well as those who want help setting something up in their area.
Clean Cornwall is working with Cornwall Council to administer this funding, and we aim to be flexible and responsive to what different communities need.
Applications should be made by 10am on 6th May using the form below. Please read the guidance before applying and contact us should you have any questions.